Monday, March 27, 2017

Emargination

If there a place to be alone,
I want to find this place.
Solace evades my step.
Closer each day and somehow just as distant.
I hear birds as they lust for one another.
My freedom rests in a dungeon I cannot reach.
The pure of heart trample flowers without a hint of remorse.
Better things. Better days.
Someday that never dawns.
Impulses and wishes.
A pendulum weighted with a rich man's gold.
Swing, oh great machines of revolution.
Keep my time. This is my destiny, my fate, my becoming.
If there is a place to be alone with you, I want to find this place.
In my dreams, a forest without birds and flowers;
an unmeasured moment without intrusion.
Lock me in this cell and leave me to bleed out.
I long for death yet suffer only the silence of a heartbroken raven.

No comments: